PACIFIC SOCIETY FOR REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH 12th BIENNIAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the twelve Biennial General Meeting (BGM) of the financial members of the Pacific Society for Reproductive Health (PSRH) Charitable Trust will be held at the Vanuatu Convention Centre Port Vila, Vanuatu on Monday 17th July 2017, 330pm-530pm.
- TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES
- CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
To receive and confirm the minutes of the tenth BGM held in Suva, Fiji on 10th July 2015.
- TO RECEIVE THE REPORT OF THE PRESIDENT and consider the following resolution: “That the Presidents Report, as recommended for adoption by the PSRH Trust Board, be adopted”
- TO RECEIVE THE FINANCIAL STATEMENT and consider the following resolution:
“That the Hon Treasurer’s Financial Report, as recommended by the PSRH Trust Board, be adopted”
- TO CONSIDER PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO TRUST DEED and consider the following amendments and resolutions:“That the proposed amendments to the Trust Deed as listed below, as recommended by the PSRH Trust Board, be adopted” (Draft Trust Deed)
- a) Bylaws are added to allow the Trust to form committees, workshops, networks, special interest groups, branches as Incorporated Societies.
- b) The Board shall appoint a Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) of the Trust and the Board shall have the power to set the terms and conditions of that appointment.
- c) To advocate and promote better reproductive health care standards and outcomes for Pacific women, children and families
- d) Members of the Trust shall pay yearly subscriptions. Only those who have paid subscriptions for two consecutive years, including payment for the year in which the subject BGM takes place are eligible to vote at the BGM. Such members shall be known as ‘financial members’.
- e) Pacific Island-based members may pay their subscriptions at the BGM. To be eligible to vote, they must pay the subscriptions of two years.
- TO CONSIDER ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR THE 2015-2017 YEARS
“That the proposed amendments to the Annual Subscriptions, as recommended by the PSRH Trust Board, be adopted”
7. TO CONSIDER THE VENUE FOR 2019 MEETING OF PSRH
- TO TRANSACT ANY OTHER BUSINESS WHICH OUGHT TO BE TRANSACTED AT A BIENNIAL GENERAL MEETING.
- ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS
- Vice President – Medical
- Vice President – Midwife
- Honorary Secretary
- Honorary Treasurer
- General Member
- General Member
Dated this 11th June 2017
Head of Secretariat and Hon Treasurer